**[Proposal]** Add fee

Since there are no longer any pools, I propose adding a small fee on all the farms. A fee of .25% to .5% for deposits + a .25% to .5% fee for withdrawals (no more than 1% total). This fee will be similar to the ones the pools had but 100% of it should go to buy back & burn Plenty.

1 Like

How would that work with active farms? With new farms we can definitely try different fee structures. The ctez farms have a new structure as well with a minimum fee of 0.5%

You can announce an withdrawal fee that will take place after “x” date. If people don’t agree they can withdraw before then. Also can add a deposit fee starting from “y” date. The ctez farms structure are definitely a plus.

1 Like

IMO the way to go is not a fixed fee. I’d recommend associating the fee structure to your xPlenty balance as a percentage of your overall TVL. Reward those with higher xPlenty balances as a percent of their overall TVL with little to no fee. For those with no xPlenty, hit them with the highest withdrawal fee. I don’t like withdrawal fees at all really but this would at least incentivize the xPlenty HODL community. Just my thoughts. I have no doubt the community will settle on the best path forward regardless.

2 Likes

No one wants to pay fees obviously but when you have farms giving 50-200% APR, no one would mind a .5% fee or so. This will already incentivizes all plenty & xplenty HODLers automatically because as more Plenty is burned from the fees the less the supply & the higher the value of each token is(or should be). You can add incentives for Xplenty holders as well but the core of it comes down to adding fees on these farms with 6-7 figures in TVL. The Ctez farms aren’t large enough to have any decent impact thus far from the fees.

1 Like

I’m personally not a fan of putting a fee on deposits at all. If we were to go in that kind of direction I would be more favorable about it being implemented into the AMM when new LP tokens are created. Even then, .25-.5% seems like too much for it in my opinion - maybe .05%-.1%. Slapping it right on deposits seems a bit arbitrary.

That being said, I am very favorable towards the withdrawal fees placed on the new ctez farms as a step in the right direction, especially in conjunction with the possibility of the minting reduction reducing sell pressure and slashing APRs. Farming/staking with Plenty needs to feel more like a commitment than it currently does. I’m not sure of the technical aspects to adjusting active farms so my input on this can be taken with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Yeah deposit fees are a bit odd, scratch that idea. My proposal is a withdrawal fee of 1% on all farms going forward from “X” date. The fee goes down .1% for every 1,000 Xplenty you own. The maximum discount will be given if you own 7500 Xplenty or more, you get .75% off. The minimum withdrawal fee is set at .25% in this case. This now adds to the burn fees constantly while giving Xplenty holders incentives. Can simplify it and make the withdrawal fee contingent with the amount of Xplenty in that wallet at the time of the withdrawal. This will incentivize people to always buy Xplenty as well.

1 Like

I like the deposit and the withdrawal fees. Spicyswap will implement this with MTTR and I think it makes sense

Deposit fee should be small though 0.25%-0.50% seems good to me
(with 200% APR, it only takes 1 day to break even for the 0.50% fee!)

I would also use an announcement for the date to which the fees are implemented on existing pools (similar method to “double YOU rewards” on top of the pools, adding a message announcing the deposit fee start date)

Also, different thing, but I think having the automatic buy back would help a lot for the confidence in the project. There is no transparency on it ATM, so there may be fees accumulating for the last 3 months that are not used to buy back, hence not helping the price hence investors being reluctant to add to LP, it’s all about the momentum!

1 Like

This is an interesting idea, using your xPLENTY balance as a factor in your fee calculation. Will look into that more.

1 Like

Fees can be reversed not to discourage people - apply fee to everyone and give a portion of it back to those who farm for longer